Problem: glibc 2.14 and Linux-PAM cannot work together!

William Immendorf will.immendorf at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 15:44:04 PDT 2011

(this issue is really more relevant to the LFS development list)

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 5:19 PM, Joel Bion <j-comm at westvi.com> wrote:
> Has anyone had experience trying to see if Linux-PAM works with TI-RPC,
> and even if TI-RPC can be built in an LFS/BLFS system?
I really haven't. In fact, I didn't know what TI-RPC even was until it
has been brought to my attention. A quick google shows that it is
Sun's more recent implementation of it's RPC, that is transfer
independent (hence the name TI-RPC), supports IPv6, and other good
stuff. It's home page is here:

http://nfsv4.bullopensource.org/doc/tirpc_rpcbind.php

and you can download it from here:

lhttp://downloads.sourceforge.net/libtirpc/ibtirpc-0.2.2.tar.bz2

I really haven't built this, but once I can give it a try, I'll give it a try.

--
William Immendorf
The ultimate in free computing.

and if you use the program, he is your master."  Richard Stallman

--
Are you a Gmail user? Please read this important notice:
http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/jstrap/gmail?31450.