Glibc-2.14 issues

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jun 7 07:49:41 PDT 2011

On Mon, 06 Jun 2011 18:14:59 -0500, DJ Lucas <dj at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> On 06/06/2011 03:07 PM, Matthew Burgess wrote:
>>
>> I'd prefer for us not to use HJL's binutils
>>
> Then don't. That patch doesn't look all that invasive..no need to add
> tests for local build fix, just the 3 corrected files (bottom of the
> list).

Yep, right you are.  The 1st & 2nd hunk of the elf64-x86_64.c file needed
to be fixed up, but the attached patch now applies cleanly for me.  Obviously,
I can't test it myself, so if you or Andy would be so kind, I'll get it
added to the book along with the Glibc upgrade.

Also, can you confirm that the Glibc issue mentioned by Bruce at
http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/ticket/2883#comment:1 hits you as well,
and we'll need to add the trivial sed to fix that too?  Again, I didn't hit
this during my build.

Ta,

Matt.