"unknown HZ value" message still appears in procps utils

Gilles Espinasse g.esp at free.fr
Tue Jun 7 03:42:08 PDT 2011

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/slackware-13-37-rc-unknown-hz-value-after-procps-upgrade-871679/).
> It seems the constructor functions don't run as the package expect on recent
> libgcc.
>
> After applying it, the message definitively disappeared. The patch is
> attached (another solution is to prioritize the constructor functions).
>
> It works well since quite a while for me now, so may it be taken into account
> for those who have encountered the same inconvenience. Have a look ?
>
> Thanks for reading,
>
>         Bertrand.

the upstream code does not use the changes in
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches/lfs/development/procps-3.2.8-fix_HZ_errors-1.patch
only the __attribute__((constructor)) fix
http://procps.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/procps/procps/proc/

I was mostly ready to report too, had a diff made from cvs upstream but this
disk crashed 2 days ago.

Gilles