Glibc-2.14 issues

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jun 5 01:41:31 PDT 2011

On Sat, 04 Jun 2011 18:52:46 -0700, Bryan Kadzban <bryan at kadzban.is-a-geek.net> wrote:

> The problem is autoconf.  By default the AC_CHECK_HEADER macro uses a
> set of prerequisite headers that's supposed to cover most of the common
> stuff on a system -- but that list is set up for full systems, not
> bootstrapping like we're trying to do.
>
> http://www.gnu.org/s/hello/manual/autoconf/Default-Includes.html#Default-Includes

Thanks Bryan, it turns out I must have been digging in the same area as you last night :)

I came to the same conclusion, although my attempt at a fix will be slightly simpler in
that it will just move the <stdio.h> include to within the #ifdef STDC_HEADER guard
instead.  That way, the check will still accurately test for cpuid.h, but not break because
of an unrelated missing header.

I'll have to wait a while for my current glibc-2.13 build to complete to try it out, but
I can't see why that wouldn't work.  Then I'll have to see whether the autoconf guys have
an issue with that fix going upstream!

Thanks,

Matt.