Glibc-2.14 issues

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jun 4 13:55:21 PDT 2011

Hi all,

The following is taken from my build logs when using Glibc-2.13:

checking cpuid.h usability... no
checking cpuid.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: cpuid.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: cpuid.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: cpuid.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: cpuid.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: cpuid.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING: cpuid.h: in the future, the compiler will take precedence
checking for cpuid.h... yes

Using Glibc-2.14, that final line reads 'no', and appears to stem from the
lack of 'stdio.h'.  stdio.h is installed by Glibc, so it would appear as if
we're getting into a circular dependency here somehow, but I'm yet to figure
out how/why Glibc-2.14 is behaving so differently to Glibc-2.13.

I guess the first question is, has anyone else seen this issue?

Thanks,

Matt.