perl build problems, chapter 5

Nathan Coulson conathan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 21:48:30 PDT 2011

On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 12:03 PM, Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:
> Nathan Coulson wrote:
>> On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 3:26 AM, Andrew Benton <b3nton at gmail.com> wrote:

> In my test logs, I have
>
> What libraries to use? [-lnsl -ldl -lm -lcrypt -lutil -lc]
>
> I do have /usr/lib/libgdbm.{a,so,so.3,so.3.0.0}, but not /usr/lib/libdb*.
>
>> -Dnoextensions=GDBM_File fixed it for me,  but never had time to hunt
>> down the reason yet
>
> It looks like a partial installation to me where configure finds some
> parts and thinks it can use libdb, but then can't.  If it did build that
> in, it looks like it might cause a problem in Chapter 6.
>
>   -- Bruce

sorry it took me a while to play with this.

I noted the following in the config log

Directories to use for library searches? [/lib /usr/lib /tools/lib]

so went with -Dlibpth=/tools/lib

Again, not sure why I am the only one who ran into this so far...  and
have not tested with my previous perl yet to compare the output's.

--
Nathan Coulson (conathan)
------