Suggestions for refactoring the network scripts

Bryan Kadzban bryan at kadzban.is-a-geek.net
Fri Jul 15 20:49:55 PDT 2011

William Immendorf wrote:
> We should start with only using one configuration file per interface,

Strong disagreement from me on this one.

I *really, really* do not want to give up wake-on-LAN.  That requires
two config files per interface, because it requires two services per
interface.  (One for either dhcp or static IP -- basic address setup --
and one to run ethtool to enable the WoL bit in the kernel, to tell the
device to listen for magic packets at shutdown.)