Partial update of bootscripts
bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 15:26:39 PDT 2011
I've done a partial rewrite of the bootscripts and want to put them out
What I have done:
1. Moved the functions file to /lib/boot/. For now, the Makefile also
puts a copy of functions in init.d (it probably should be a symlink) for
2. Moved some boot functions from the functions file to the rc file.
3. Added the capability to source /etc/sysconfig/init_params for setting
environment variables for use by the boot scripts.
4. Changed error handling of messages to allow the user to skip a "Press
Enter" in the case of critical errors (the system just goes
immediately to a halt or reboot). This is done with setting
5. Updated udev_retry to handle the /run directory for events that occur
between starting udevd and mounting / read/write. Actually this script
may need to be reviewed in more detail, because /run is always mounted
r/w before udevd is started.
6. Miscellaneous formatting and header updates.
What I have not done yet:
1. Made any changes to the network configuration. This will encompass
moving ifup and ifdown to /sbin as well as adding some module files to
2. Added lsb init scripts (install_initd, remove_initd).
3. Move the creation of inittab from Section 6.60 to Chapter 7. I
think this needs to be done to be able to have all the boot issues in
one place in the book and there explain the inittab file a little better.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 25433 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the lfs-dev