6.8 patch tweaks.

Gilles Espinasse g.esp at free.fr
Sat Jul 9 00:37:50 PDT 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rob Landley" <rob at landley.net>
Cc: "Bruce Dubbs" <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 09, 2011 5:54 AM
Subject: Re: 6.8 patch tweaks.

> Ok, bug in busybox I should fix.  Still, the patch doesn't need two
> consecutive slashes in it triggering this bug in the current busybox
> release version.
>
> > $ patch -Np1 -i ../procps-3.2.8-fix_HZ_errors-1.patch
> > patching file proc/sysinfo.c
> > $
> > it is not a high priority.  You could edit the
> > patch file manually or use a sed on it.
>
> Right now I'm just deleting it (hence the "rm" above).  It isn't fixing
> a bug I've actually hit, and if it was important it would presumably be
> fixed in procps upstream.

That's fixed upstream in cvs but in a different way.
Actual LFS HZ patch change old_Hertz_hack, but that part should not be used
on modern kernel as name suggest. The real issue is that linux_version_code
shoud be set. That highly depend on tools used to compile and if
init_Linux_version run before or after init_libproc.

Attached minimal patch was made with a cvs import to git and using git
log -p, slightly manually changed because the NEWS change does not belong to
the right changeset.

There is other issues fixed in cvs tree (at least the forest_prefix warning)
Full diff from 3.2.8 to cvs is what I resolved to use. This is available at
http://ipcop.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/ipcop/ipcop/trunk/src/patches/procps_cvs-2011-06-25.patch?view=log

Gilles