6.8 patch tweaks.

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 09:00:13 PDT 2011

Rob Landley wrote:
> I'm automating LFS 6.8, and two of the patches don't apply with busybox
> patch:
>
> 1) gcc-4.5.2-startfiles_fix-1.patch
>
> Requires "fuzz" support, which I didn't implement because it tends to
> mis-apply patches.  (This is not the same as applying at an offset, this
> is discarding context lines in order to find a place to insert the
> patch.  It's a bad idea.)

We have moved on to gcc-4.6.1, but I will update the patch to remove the
fuzz there.

> 2) rm "$SRCDIR"/procps-3.2.8-fix_HZ_errors-1.patch || exit 1

> The path has a "//" which means -p1 winds up with an absolute path after
> discarding one "/".

I'm not sure what you mean here with the 'rm ... |exit 1', but the patch
applies cleanly for me:

$ patch -Np1 -i ../procps-3.2.8-fix_HZ_errors-1.patch
patching file proc/sysinfo.c
$

I can fix that, but since you are deviating from the book (vii. Host
System Requirements), it is not a high priority.  You could edit the
patch file manually or use a sed on it.

   -- Bruce