glibc issues with --enable-kernel=2.6.22.5

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jan 21 14:32:01 PST 2011

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 23:22:24 +0100, hauradou <hauradou at gmail.com> wrote:

> what about changing that glibc configure line into something like:
> enable-kernel=`uname -r | awk -F. '{ print $1"."$2"."$3 }'`
> So that any of these versions could be convenient ?

It would be easier to just use '--enable-kernel=current', but then
you could ignore (or skip over) the host requirement and end up with
a Glibc that only supports whatever your current host happens to be
running.  As Gilles pointed out earlier, if we specify a version that
you aren't running, at least you'll end up with a hard failure.

Regards,

Matt.