Note about include-fixed and limits.h

Chris Staub chris at beaker67.com
Thu Mar 18 10:16:23 PDT 2010

On the Chapter 6 GCC page, there is this...

Note
As of version 4.3.0, GCC now unconditionally installs the limits.h file
into the private include-fixed directory, and that directory is required
to be in place.

I don't really understand the necessity for this. I mean, I certainly
know what it's saying, but why does it need to be said? In other words,
who is this note targeted to? I'd think that anyone who would be likely
to know that directory even exists (really, how many casual users - or
even LFS builders - regularly inspect the contents of /usr/lib/gcc?)
would already know that it should be there anyway.

If this note does stay, it should also give at least a quick explanation
for what include-fixed is for.