Website

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Mar 17 14:34:08 PDT 2010

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> Hi Everyone,

Welcome back...again :-)

> Last summer I worked on a mockup for a new LFS site design. I showed it to Gerard and he liked it, and helped with suggestions to tweak it to a point he was generally happy with. Shortly thereafter, Gerard 'disappeared', and I haven't heard anything more from him.
>
> I'm curious what the community as a whole thinks of it and if there is any interest in updating the LFS website, or if I should just archive the demo site. (That also brings up a few questions about the status of certain projects, but that's another issue, I guess.)
>
> Here's the site: http://dev.lightcube.us/~jhuntwork/LightCube/LFS-NG/

It looks better than the current site, certainly.

I think I'd prefer to see the green menu bar & blue menu bar swapped
around.  To me, the top-level menu should be at the top, and the
'sub-menu' should be underneath.

The bottom paragraph overflows the right-hand 'margin' (underneath the
google ads), which looks a little odd when compared to the paragraphs
above it.

Aside from those minor nits, it looks nice!

Now, if we (err, you! :)) could 'theme' wiki.linuxfromscratch.org
similarly, I'd prefer to have all of www.linuxfromscratch.org under the
trac system, if that's possible?

Thanks,

Matt.