glibc, chapter 5.7

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 14:50:17 PST 2010

Tobias Gasser wrote:
> Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>> Can you paste the output from version-check.sh and uname -a please.
>>
>> Did you install xubuntu or just run from the CD?
>>
> both.
>
> sorry for my late response, but i'm currently running some more test
> with different setups and i will put the logfiles on this page:
>
> http://s37a.e-b-p.net/lfs-xubuntu/
>
> the output from my installed xubuntu is alread online. i'm now running
> the same on the life-cd and will publish the output later today.
>
> here you can find the version-check and and uname output too.

OK, I see:

GNU C Library (EGLIBC) stable release version 2.10.1

This, according to google,

Embedded GLIBC (EGLIBC) is a variant of the GNU C Library (GLIBC)  that
is designed to work well on embedded systems. EGLIBC strives to be
source and binary compatible with GLIBC. EGLIBC's goals include reduced
footprint, configurable components, better support for cross-compilation
and cross-testing.

but I don't know if it is compatible enough to build a standard GLIBC.
If it were me, I'd look for a glibc mailing list and ask there.

   -- Bruce