grammar correction chap 4.1 LFS 6.6

stosss stosss at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 00:38:31 PST 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 2:41 AM, Chris Staub <chris at beaker67.com> wrote:
> On 03/12/2010 12:49 AM, stosss wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 7:08 PM, Chris Staub<chris at beaker67.com>  wrote:
>>
>> You are still wrong. Although there are multiple ways to use the su
>> command, it is still unique. It is still the su command. Just because
>> it can be used in various ways does not make it proper, according to
>> the rules of grammar of the English language, to use the article "an".
>> The only article that can properly be used with it or any other unique
>> noun is "the".
>>
>> http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/540/01/
>>
>> If those of you who are writing the books would be willing to let
>> someone, who knows how to write using proper grammar, help with
>> writing the books then maybe these kinds of mistakes would not be in
>> the book. When mistakes are found and brought to your attention just
>> accept the fact that it is a mistake and fix it rather than defend it.
>> Defending garbage like this shows ignorance and contempt for the
>> English language. If you were defending this nonsense in an English
>> class, you would be laughed at by the rest of the class and you would
>> get an F by the instructor. Now the whole world is your audience.
>
> Cool it with the insults.

Where was I insulting? If you are referring to this:

>> Defending garbage like this shows ignorance and contempt for the
>> English language. If you were defending this nonsense in an English
>> class, you would be laughed at by the rest of the class and you would
>> get an F by the instructor. Now the whole world is your audience.

Defending a mistake in grammar IS ignorant. I am not being insulting I
am being factual. More than likely am being politically incorrect. But
then I don't care to be politically correct because that is complete
BS and part of the current problem with people in general. No one
wants to be responsible for their actions and everyone wants to blame
shift usually to some obscure thing so that no one is accused of
pointing the finger or held responsible for their actions. Under those
conditions its easy to be careless and sloppy and just plain bad at
whatever one does.