grep 2.5.4 fmbtest test failure

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 15:17:41 PST 2010

Ken Moffat wrote:
> On 10 March 2010 20:36, Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ken Moffat wrote:

>>> Â Sorry to be pedantic, but did you apply the patches from
>>> debian/patches/ (as with all debian, they create patches
>>> here and then apply them) ?
>> No. Â http://packages.debian.org/sid/grep which points to
>> http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/g/grep/grep_2.5.4-4.diff.gz
>>
>> Â  -- Bruce
>> --
>  If you just applied that, then everything remains in the
> debian/ directory and isn't applied to src/,

Yes, you are right.  If I do:

for i in debian/patches/*patch; do patch -Np1 -i  $i; done
./configure --prefix=/usr --bindir=/bin --without-included-regex
make
make check

I get the two failures as before. :(

If I only apply debian/patches/64-egf-speedup.patch, I get the two
failures and 10 others.

Maybe we should just pull the patch out of the book until we get a new
patch that passes everything.

   -- Bruce