fuser - netfs bootscript still using /bin

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop73 at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 10 13:59:22 PST 2010

On my 6.6 build, I've noticed that the netfs bootscript fails to find /bin/fuser
when shutting down.  Not a big priority, because I had to comment fuser out
on previous builds (supposed to be fixed in 22.10, bit not yet confirmed).

Digging through trac, I've eventually identified
#2489 psmisc --exec-prefix="" and killall path
( implemented in r9078 on 29th September )

 which noted that fuser wasn't in the LFS bootscripts, and said it should
be in /usr/bin to make things easier for people using an initramfs.

So, is the policy that only programs in the LFS bootscripts belong
in /bin, in which case I'll take this to BLFS, or is it supposed to be the
same for progs used in BLFS bootscripts ?

ĸen
--
After tragedy, and farce, "OMG poneys!"