glibc, chapter 5.7

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 22:09:15 PST 2010

stosss wrote:

> The OP is using Ubuntu and I have seen a lot of other posts in this
> and other mailing lists where there is some strange behavior with
> Ubuntu compared to just about any other distribution.

It's almost always because they don't have the required tools installed
or symlinks sh->dash or gawk->mawk.  I don't recall an OS problem once
all the base requirements have been satisfied.

Plenty of problems of not reading/following the book though.  This
actually causes the problem above.

There are over 20000 registered LFS users.  I'm sure that there are lots
of people who don't register.  Most of them never post to any of the
lists.

   -- Bruce