glibc, chapter 5.7

stosss stosss at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 21:22:43 PST 2010

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 11:11 PM, Chris Staub <chris at beaker67.com> wrote:
> On 03/09/2010 10:38 PM, stosss wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 6:20 PM, Larry Gilbert
>> <larry+gmane.linux.lfs.devel at l2g.to>  wrote:

>>> I have been building LFS 6.6 using a live CD of openSUSE 11.2, but I did not
>>> run into this problem.
>>
>> The Ubuntu distros behave differently especially with the sudo stuff.
>
> Doesn't matter, since you shouldn't be doing anything with sudo in
> Chapter 5. If Glibc is attempting to use host tools by the time you're
> at Glibc, you probably missed something. What is the output of "ls
> /tools/bin" and "env"?

If this was for me, I am not using Ubuntu. I do all my LFS builds with
an LFS LiveCD.

The OP is using Ubuntu and I have seen a lot of other posts in this
and other mailing lists where there is some strange behavior with
Ubuntu compared to just about any other distribution. That was the
reason behind my post. I have tried different Ubuntu distributions and
I don't like any of them or any that were spawned from them. I do like
Debian though and Ubuntu came from that one.