Radeon DRM

ga ho gazza1z at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 7 10:00:36 PST 2010

> Message: 1
> Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 20:38:56 +1100
> From: Duncan Baynes <duncan.baynes at operand.com.au>
> Subject: Radeon DRM
>
> Hello,
>
> Just built a 64bit lfs 6.6, everything went smoothly,
> excellent work as
> always!
>
> I've been playing around with the 2.6.33 kernel including
> the new radeon
> driver.
>
> The results are pretty awesome. I now have a high
> resolution console
> that is a pleasure to use.  I was thinking it might be
> a nice feature to
> add as an option... probably as a hint.
>
> The basic path is as follows:
>
> 1) compile the 2.6.33 kernel with firmware support,
> initramfs and the
> radeon driver enabled
> 2) create an initrd image for the kernel (there is a hint
> for this already)
> 3) decompress initrd image, mount it and insert the
> firmware bin for
> your card
> 4) recompress the initrd image
> 5) make the relevant changes to grub.cfg to utlitise the
> initrd image
> 6) reboot
>
> If anyone is interested I can provide a more detailed set
> of instructions...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Duncan

Hi,

Did you follow the LFS6.6 book instructions exactly? I am thinking of building a 64 bit version of LFS6.6 using the LFS LiveCD X86_64-6.3-r2160 as a host.

What I am asking is, are there 64 bit versions of the LFS6.6 packages that need to be used or will using a 64 bit OS on a 64 bit machine automatically build a 64 bit LFS6.6 using all the LFS6.6 source packages as is?

Thanks,
Gary