Radeon DRM

ga ho gazza1z at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Mar 6 09:41:26 PST 2010

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 20:38:56 +1100
From: Duncan Baynes <duncan.baynes at operand.com.au>
Subject: Radeon DRM

Hello,

Just built a 64bit lfs 6.6, everything went smoothly, excellent work as
always!

I've been playing around with the 2.6.33 kernel including the new radeon
driver.

The results are pretty awesome. I now have a high resolution console
that is a pleasure to use.  I was thinking it might be a nice feature to
add as an option... probably as a hint.

The basic path is as follows:

1) compile the 2.6.33 kernel with firmware support, initramfs and the
radeon driver enabled
2) create an initrd image for the kernel (there is a hint for this already)
3) decompress initrd image, mount it and insert the firmware bin for
your card
4) recompress the initrd image
5) make the relevant changes to grub.cfg to utlitise the initrd image
6) reboot

If anyone is interested I can provide a more detailed set of instructions...

Cheers,

Duncan

Hi,

Did you follow the LFS6.6 book instructions exactly? I am thinking of building a 64 bit version of LFS6.6 using the LFS LiveCD X86_64-6.3-r2160 as a host.

What I am asking is, are there 64 bit versions of the LFS6.6 packages that need to be used or will using a 64 bit OS on a 64 bit machine automatically build a 64 bit LFS6.6 using all the LFS6.6 source packages as is?

Thanks,
Gary