Radeon DRM

Andrew Benton b3nton at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 06:29:44 PST 2010

On 05/03/10 11:33, Duncan Baynes wrote:
> I couldn't get the kernel to find the firmware so early in the boot
> sequence without using initrd, however I'll have another run at getting it
> working sans initrd if you think that will work.

Another option I've tried (which also hung the system if kernel mode setting was enabled)
was to build the radeon driver as a module. That way doesn't need the firmware in the kernel,
it's enough to put it in /lib/firmware

> Does your system boot if you leave it for about 60 seconds?
>
> I'm using an ATI 4890 without issue ... so far

Yes it does, I'd never waited that long before. I can't see myself waiting that long at each
boot. Interesting to see that it does work though.
Thanks

Andy