Proposing a new LFS release

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL jmengual at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jan 24 16:39:13 PST 2010

Hi,

Just a precision because, beyond translating, I manage a French help
network too. Can you tell me, and I think it could be precised in the
book or on the website, what kind of buildings can do a user exactly
with this stable (6.6)? From 64 to 64 bits? From 32 to 32? Or 32 to 64?
If I read architecture.xml, I see that, originally we build a 32 bits,
but a 64 is possible. Only a 64bits host is required for that? If yes,
can we do a 32bits with a 64bits host?
To finish, I guess no multilib is still supported.

Thanks for these precisions which will help me if this book becomes
stable.

Regards,

-
       Jean-Philippe MENGUAL
       Vice-Président de l'association traduc.org
       Coordinateur du projet Linux From Scratch