stable kernel in next release ?

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop73 at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 19 12:03:33 PST 2010

We've always used current kernels in the book, but many of our users
seem to have a distinct unwillingness to upgrade to newer kernels.
This week, Greg KH formally announced that he intends to maintain
2.6.32 long-term
http://www.kroah.com/log/linux/stable-status-01-2010.html so I wonder
if it would be a good idea to stick with this series for the next
release ?

I don't have strong views either way (I normally use the latest
kernel), but I guess not everyone follows lkml.

And now, I'll go back to swearing at mesa git (now looks as if I've
got more than 1 problem there, which makes bisecting somewhat
difficult).

ĸen
--
After tragedy, and farce, "OMG poneys!"