libusb-compat requires pkg-config

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Feb 28 18:18:42 PST 2009

On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 20:05:41 -0600, Randy McMurchy <randy at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> Bruce Dubbs wrote these words on 02/28/09 19:33 CST:
>> While I'm not completely against putting pkg-config in LFS, we could
> also put it
>> into Chapter 3 of BLFS, 'After LFS Configuration Issues'.
>
> It wouldn't surprise me if some LFS package looks for pkg-config in the
> near future.

Randy, thanks for sorting out the libusb-compat requirement so quickly.

I'm actually surprised that none of LFS' packages have started to use pkg-config
yet, given its increasing adoption.

My vote would also be to migrate it over to LFS, putting it in its rightful place
in the alphabetical build order until such time that an LFS package requires it.

Regards,

Matt.