Package Management

lists at kitepilot.com lists at kitepilot.com
Wed Feb 18 03:06:38 PST 2009

I created a package manager that doesn't overwrite (unless told to), logs
everything, checks library dependencies, runs
{(pre/pos)/(install/uninstall)} scripts, splits packages in
"bin/dev/lib/doc/dbg" flavors and works entirely transparent to the point
that if you remove the package manager from a machine instantiated with it,
you can't tell the difference from a by-the-book LFS machine.
I begin building those packages in chapter 6 using UnionFS.

I also use a combination of "build base machine" and "rebuild script" to
replicate my machines.  It is still a work in progress but it works pretty
cool...   :)

I would appreciate feedback if someone looks into:
http://kitepilot.com/LFS/
Thanks
Enrique A. Troconis