Package Management

Tushar Teredesai tushar at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Feb 12 15:23:37 PST 2009

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 4:16 PM, Randy McMurchy
<randy at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> How do others handle the situation where directories are created by
> a package during the package install, and then other packages install
> other files in these directories?

I don't consider directories when creating log files. After a package
removal I use rmdir -p on the usual directories (/usr, /bin, ...) to
remove all empty directories. If I need to keep a directory around
even if there are no files in it, I add a dot file in that directory.

--
Tushar Teredesai
   mailto:tushar at linuxfromscratch.org