Pending package updates

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Feb 12 02:53:52 PST 2009

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 23:46:34 +0200, Lefteris Dimitroulakis <edimitro at tee.gr> wrote:
> Στις Sunday 01 February 2009 22:50:41 ο/η Matthew Burgess
> έγραψε:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Just thought I'd drop a note on the pending package updates I've
> assigned to
>> myself.  I have patches to the book for all of these now.
>>
>> However, as expected by looking at ticket #2322, there's slight issues
> with
>> Groff-1.20.1 and its interaction with Man-DB-2.5.3.
>>
>> I've put some screenshots up at
>> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~matthew/test-results/, which show the
> various
>> problems.
>>
> For your info:
> Groff-1.20.1 with MAN-1.6f don't have the problem shown in
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~matthew/test-results/preconv.en_utf8.jpg

Thanks for the report!

I've just heard back from the kbd maintainer today, and he's acknowledged the fact that
lat1-16 simply doesn't map those characters that man-db is trying to display.  A call
has gone out to the wider kbd community to get them mapped, so you never know, we
may get this one fixed in kbd-upstream!

Regards,

Matt.