Coreutils i18n patch prevents dash from building

Guy Dalziel krendoshazin at dementedfury.org
Sat Aug 15 09:43:19 PDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 09:54:33AM -0600, Matthew Burgess wrote:
> Ah, it does, but only on an earlier invocation of sort!  So, I guess, for
> now, BLFS could have a patch to dash to add LC_COLLATE=C to the other
> call to sort in src/mkbuiltins.
>
> Longer-term though, we certainly need to fix up our patch in LFS though.
> I'd expect it produce the same output in both en_GB and en_GB.UTF-8
> locales.

It would probably just be easier to use `LC_ALL=C make' for the make
command, and then explain why this needs to be done. I assume that would
do the job, of course, and that it wouldn't have any repercussions upon
the functionality of dash. In the long term, though, it does need to be
addressed, especially since it's the patch that causes it. It might be
worth taking a look at other sources and see what they've done to
resolve the problems that the patch addresses.