Vulnerabilities in udev

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Apr 27 10:12:54 PDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 11:22:05AM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Ken Moffat wrote:
>

> >  I've listed these distros because they are usually easy to access
> > for the source.  If for some reason you are running an even older
> > version of udev, there are some fixes in other distros.
>
> Older versions of udev for stable releases of LFS are found at
> http://anduin.linuxfromscratch.org/sources/LFS/conglomeration/udev/
>
> Almost all of sources for the released versions of udev are found at
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/kernel/hotplug/
>
>    -- Bruce

 And yet again, what I write is obviously open to other
interpretations than I intended!  I wasn't intending people to get
the package source from distros, but those I mentioned are
comparatively easy to navigate for patches (or build instructions,
if they choose to do any of this with a sed).

 Other rpm distros can be processed from the source rpm to find what
patches they are using, but I know from experience that it isn't
always straightforward to find the source rpms.

ĸen