Readjusting toolchain nitpick

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Nov 28 19:42:20 PST 2008

In section 6.10, Readjusting the Toolchain we perform about 3 sed
expressions to specs file. The first one looks like this:

     -e 's@/tools/lib/ld-linux.so.2@/lib/ld-linux.so.2 at g'

Also, there is a prominent note before this sed command stating:

"If working on a platform where the name of the dynamic linker is
something other than ld-linux.so.2, substitute “ld-linux.so.2” with the
name of the platform's dynamic linker in the following commands. Refer
to Section 5.2, “Toolchain Technical Notes,” if necessary."

We can simplify the sed expression and get rid of the note entirely if
we change it to:

     -e 's@/tools@@g'

Anyone have any objections to this change?

--
JH