Releasing LFS-6.4

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Nov 22 14:32:55 PST 2008

On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 03:25:36PM -0600, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> LFS-6.4-rc1 has been out two and a half weeks now and there are really no
> significant issues that I know about.  Of course there are some changes that
> could be made, but I don't know of any that really *need* to be made.
>
> A problem with delaying is that newer packages continue to be available, so the
> longer we go, the more out of date -rc1 becomes.
>
> Are there any objections to me releasing 6.4 tomorrow (23 Nov)?
>
>    -- Bruce
 Any thoughts on the changes I've made to trunk ? (zh_CN.18030
locale - the version with the typo removed - and note for CFLAGS in
gmp).  No objections to releasing, either with or without these, my
initial concerns seem to be unsubstantiated.

 Apart from the hangs that only I have seen during testsuites, it
all seems good.

 I was going to ask about a udev message I've been glimpsing during
boot, but I finally managed to spot the whole text tonight (it
usually scrolls too quickly), and it's just a misconfiguration on my
part (I shouldn't be using CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED - the original
help for that was misleading).

 On the bright side, I've built all of what I think will now be my
current desktop packages.  A lot still need to be tested to confirm
they are working, but it's looking really good.

 A big vote of thanks to You, DJ, and Randy, for dragging it into
the gcc-4.3 age.

ĸen