howto for jhalfs LFS-devel build ?

William Harrington wwh04660 at ucmo.edu
Fri Nov 21 14:57:28 PST 2008

On Nov 21, 2008, at 9:30 AM, Jens Stroebel wrote:

> 		Hello.
>
> I've spent a couple of ours now tryng to get jhalfs (svn trunk) to
> build
> the LFS svn version. But I can't get it done.
>
> - I've built by hand a couple of times already (at the time of 6.3
> apprx.)
> - I've googled but couldn't find nothing
>
> Is there a step-by-step howto anywhee or would some kind soul be
> able to
> give a rough sketch what are the steps which are needed?
>
> 		thx in advance,
> 		   jens
>
> --

This is how I do it for 6.3 and svn builds. For a 6.4-rc1 build it is
different.

1. boot the livecd.
2. give the jhalfs user a password
3. then become the jhalfs user
4. while in jhalfs home go into the jhalfs directory and hit make (or
just checkout the latest jhalfs from the LFS alfs site commands and
make that).
5. select the development book
6. save command and if you selected to run the makefile, the process
will start, if not then
7. cd into the <base directory>/jhalfs that is set in the make file (I
always set it to /mnt/lfs) and then run make and the makefile created
by  jhalfs will run.

If you want to build 6.4-rc1, I download the book manually and then
set the appropriate book version while in the menuconfig of jhalfs.

then it builds.
In a few hours a system that is built, I configure, build a kernel or
use old kernels and bam! Done!

-William