Liblinuxlive-based LFS?

Gordon Schumacher gordon at rebit.com
Tue Nov 18 10:56:48 PST 2008

I'm interested in putting together a version of the LFS book that uses
the liblinuxlive scripts (http://www.linux-live.org) for making bootable
ISO images.  I'm curious first what people's opinions are of such a
topic, and second what the best way of going about this is.

My initial instinct is that it should be a different book akin to CLFS
or HLFS, but at it looks to me like these are indeed completely separate
projects; in an ideal universe, what I'm after would basically be the
LFS book with a few substitutions (kernel build, boot scripts, and
install steps).  Is there a way to do that sort of thing?

Any thoughts are welcome.