Perl error

Gilles Espinasse g.esp at free.fr
Sat Nov 15 00:22:19 PST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tobias Gasser" <lfs at ebp-gasser.ch>
Sent: Saturday, November 15, 2008 3:07 AM
Subject: Re: Perl error

> i never bevor had to add -Dusedl to get dynamic libraries.
> the failure in test with dynaloader seem to make the same strange
> assumptions about my system as configure.

Could be that you made some assumptions that configure script find strange.

You have written
> i really have no clue what happens. possibly missing a library, but i
> can't see which and/or why. i'm shure to have followed the book except
> CFLAGS="-O3 -march=i486"

perl understand your arch as i686.
What is the result if you remove your custom CFLAGS?

Did you test with -Darchname=i486-linux in configure script when
using -march=i486?

Not sure the two are strictly related but on ipcop, we build for x86
perl-5.8.8 with
CFLAGS="-Os -fomit-frame-pointer -march=i486 -mtune=pentium -pipe"
and configure.gnu script with -Darchname=i486-linux  (and other parameters)
and it work.

Gilles