Version in glibc

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Nov 12 17:09:22 PST 2008

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

> We've gone a long time saying that we aren't a distro. But in a sense we
> are.
I've given up on that argument.  We are not a 'standard' distro, but
none the less, whether we like it or not, we are considered a distro by
everyone else out there.  Ever hear of distrowatch?  Look us up! ;-)
> At the least, presenting an option like this demonstrates to the reader
> just a little bit more about customizing their build.

It should be added IMO....and should further use the lfs-release number
so that if anybody is questioning modifications, you can easily look
back at the version referenced to see if there were any modifications.
I'm not even sure about leaving the date in there...but I think it's fine.

-- DJ Lucas