Is LFS 6.4 ready for release?

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Nov 12 10:30:31 PST 2008

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 11:00:32AM -0600, Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> > I don't know of any outstanding issues except the GMP issue with some
> > combinations of hardware and CFLAGS setting.  Although we recommend not using
> > CFLAGS, that could be addressed with a note.
>
> It has not even been one week since the RC1. I don't think that
> is enough time. I would wait a bit, especially if there are not
> going to be any more RC versions.
>
> Unless of course, you are in a *hurry* to get it done.

 Yeah, what's the rush ?

 My build of chapter 6 finished this morning, I haven't yet had time
to look at the test results, beyond the one oddity I reported.

 At the moment, it's doing an in-place rebuild so I can see if
'farce' is again usable.  Didn't get very far, my script installs
the docs for gmp and I forgot to change 'mkdir -v' to 'mkdir -vp' in
my script.

 Completing the build to a point where I can boot it will probably
take me a few days, I've not yet got to the end of my list of things
to look at for my new desktop, and I now build a lot before
rebooting, so don't wait on my account if you're in a hurry.

ĸen