Is LFS 6.4 ready for release?

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 10:26:55 PST 2008

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>> I don't know of any outstanding issues except the GMP issue with some
>> combinations of hardware and CFLAGS setting.  Although we recommend not using
>> CFLAGS, that could be addressed with a note.
>
> It has not even been one week since the RC1. I don't think that
> is enough time. I would wait a bit, especially if there are not
> going to be any more RC versions.
>
> Unless of course, you are in a *hurry* to get it done.

I thought it was a whole week.  I sent the announcement of -rc1 at 00:55 Last
Thursday.  Doing all that needs to be done for the final release will take me a day.

I'm not in a particular hurry if there are issues, but I really haven't heard
any.  The "hurry" is that we haven't released a book since Aug 28 last year.

How long do you think we should wait?

   -- Bruce