SVN-20081031

wwh04660 at ucmo.edu wwh04660 at ucmo.edu
Wed Nov 5 09:27:36 PST 2008

On Nov 5, 2008, at 11:18 AM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> TheOldFellow wrote:
>> Just a note to say that I built and booted it today.  No issues.  I
>> even ran almost all the tests.  I added Device-mapper+LVM2 and
>> replaced
>> SysVinit with runit as is my wont, so this doesn't test the
>> bootscripts.
>
> Thank you for the feedback Richard.  I am planning on cutting -rc1
> later today.
>
>   -- Bruce
> --

I built with a Dual P3 using jhalfs and didn't come across any issues
as well. The tests are normal for a
glibc-2.8, binutils 2.18 and gcc-4.3 toolchain. No unexpected failures
or such. People should just know that if they are building this that
they should have knowledge of debugging code when they get to BLFS-
SVN! It's a lost art these days. Most issues are fixed by gentoo and
others. Quick searches of the errors provide easy fixes most of the
time. This isn't like the gcc3 to gcc4 port age between LFS5 and LFS6.

-William