dhclient in LFS

Zachary Kotlarek zach at kotlarek.com
Thu May 29 18:24:46 PDT 2008

On May 26, 2008, at 11:42 AM, Dan Nicholson wrote:

> On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 8:39 AM, DJ Lucas <dj at linuxfromscratch.org>
> wrote:
>>>
>> DHCP-4.0.0 is out too and the iproute2 patch will have to be
>> updated (or reintroduce net-tools).
>
> Someone should really try to upstream the iproute2 patch. Every distro
> uses iproute2 nowadays, and I'm sure making dhclient use it would be a
> welcome addition by many people.

I have a patch updated (and working for me at least) for dhcp-4.0.0 at
the address below. It's somewhat more patching than is strictly
necessary to convert from ifconfig/route to ip -- some of the extra
patching is to bring the v4 sections in-line with the much newer v6
code, and some of it is just stuff that bugged me. The specific
changes are explained at the top of the script; if nothing else it
could be used as an example for a more minimal patch.

	http://zinux.cynicbytrade.com/svn/devel/dhcp/iproute2.diff