dhclient in LFS

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon May 26 23:56:19 PDT 2008

DJ Lucas wrote:
> Robert Daniels wrote:
>
>> On Monday 26 May 2008 10:39:51 DJ Lucas wrote:
>>
>> Fair warning, build instructions will have to change for dhcp-4.0.0.  It
>> now installs into /usr/local by default, so it needs several configure
>> switches to mirror the install in 3.X.X.  Entirely aside from that, I
>> can't make it work, either using the blfs bootscripts, or by executing
>> it on the command line. I don't think any changes would be required
>> upgrading from 3.0 to 3.1, however.
>>

> This is because dhclient-script (client/scripts/linux) is not
> installed..they broke it.
>
> sudo install -m700 client/scripts/linux /etc/dhclient-script
>

> Might also want to add --sysconfdir=/etc/dhclient to the configure
> command line, and of course, move the script appropriately.

Actually, I must have broken something in my trial and error and it
somehow decided to look in sysconfdir.  After running the commands from
start to finish as I had posted them, the last command should put the
script in /sbin.  Also probably want to add
--localstatedir=/var/state/dhcp and mkdir -p /var/state/dhcp/db, and the
script may need to be updated for the new path.  Not sure if the
default...anyway.  I'm going to bed, will verify all tomorrow.

-- DJ Lucas