dhclient in LFS

Robert Daniels rdaniels at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon May 26 09:05:45 PDT 2008

On Monday 26 May 2008 10:39:51 DJ Lucas wrote:
> dhcpcd.  DHCP-4.0.0 is out too and the iproute2 patch will have to be
> updated (or reintroduce net-tools).  Might as well add a makefile
> target for the client only install and send both upstream (where?).
> Feel free, if not, I'll try to do it later this week.

Fair warning, build instructions will have to change for dhcp-4.0.0.  It
now installs into /usr/local by default, so it needs several configure
switches to mirror the install in 3.X.X.  Entirely aside from that, I
can't make it work, either using the blfs bootscripts, or by executing
it on the command line. I don't think any changes would be required
upgrading from 3.0 to 3.1, however.

--
Robert Daniels