dhclient in LFS

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon May 26 00:01:32 PDT 2008

Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> One of the solutions that came from the udev discussion the last few
> days was to move dhclient from BLFS to LFS. Or leave it in BLFS but also
>   install it in LFS.

Why dhclient over dhcpcd?  I don't really care much, but my argument is
over installing the server...ISC installs both (can we install just
dhclient?  It's not done in BLFS currently), while dhcpcd only installs
the client.  It'll be decided by the user anyway, but I think installing
ISC is probably not the best direction for the base LFS unless it's easy
to separate out the client from the server.

-- DJ Lucas