Future of LFS - scripts and licenses

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu May 22 06:29:00 PDT 2008

> them.  That way if the book and those packages ever diverge (e.g. as
> udev-config has recently; the current udev-config trunk won't work with
> the current BOOK trunk), you don't get the wrong scripts or rules files.

That's what I was getting at. However we may want to safe guard against
that and assume that LFS/trunk is correct for the book, scripts, udev
and other components so they can all be worked on at the same time.

If a diverging is needed then we may just need to branch it.

It's not *the* solution but it sure would keep things easy for us. It
gets complicated otherwise to rememer.