Future of LFS - scripts and licenses

TheOldFellow theoldfellow at gmail.com
Wed May 21 22:36:46 PDT 2008

>> I think the consensus we're trying to reach is what to do with the
>> bootscripts if we do add them back to an Appendix as Bruce suggested.
>> Do we still install the bootscripts the current way or does the
>> appendix become a *replacement* for the bootscript package installation
>> in chapter 7.
>
> I do think we should add the udev scripts also.
>
>> I think it should be an addition, not a replacement.
>
> Yes.  That was my intention.

I really like what Bruce has done. The udev scripts (and any other
package's configuration that is sufficiently complex to need an example,
even in BLFS) do need to be added too.  Can the packages bootscripts not
be auto-generated from the book XML (or preferably, vice versa) - to make
maintenance easier?

R.