Future of LFS

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Mon May 19 12:23:07 PDT 2008

Randy McMurchy wrote:

> I don't enter these types of discussions any longer for the simple
> reason that it has become too difficult (for me, anyway) to argue
> against another idea (or provide countering suggestions).

Randy,
   I hope you will reconsider.  IMO, your ideas and opinions are valuable to
LFS.  I think we need to consider the process of what we are trying to do.  We
are trying to develop a general consensus, not necessarily absolute agreement by
everyone.  All the ideas presented have their strengths and weaknesses.
Pointing out the weaknesses or taking a position are not personal.

   In developing a forward looking direction, Gerard will be the final overall
arbiter, but I have always found him to be reasonable.  He does consider all
inputs, but sometimes decisions need to be made in favor of one position over
another.  I am comfortable with that.

   -- Bruce