RPM vs DEB vs Slackware-like tgz

R. Quenett qcal at quen.net
Mon May 19 08:44:56 PDT 2008

on Monday, May 19, 2008 at 9:46 Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:

"  What's even more important for educational purposes, Debian rules are incoherent
"  between various Debian packages.

As one of those being educated by all of this (in more ways than you can
possibly imagine, a genuine and heartfelt thankyou to all), please allow
me to comment.

I do not want any package manager at all.

I do want a way to be able to return with confidence and certainty to
some arbitrary point as close as possible to just before my last idiotic
fat fingered stupid n00b screwup.

Some people might say that and a package manager are the same things.  I
don't think they are.

R,

--
Two problems with lawyer jokes: 1)lawyers don't think they're funny,
2)nobody else thinks they're jokes.