Not-For-Profit (part of Future of LFS discussion)

TheOldFellow theoldfellow at gmail.com
Mon May 19 02:35:48 PDT 2008

Could some kind American or Canadian soul post a link to something that
explains this concept as it applies to a corporation?  I think some of us
Non-NA peeps could do with an understanding of that it means, and IANAL!
I presume it cheaper than a Delaware Corporation :-)

For what little it's worth, I have assumed that any contribution I have
made via these Usenet lists is Public Domain unless it contains a
specific copyright notice, so I can't see how I could assign it to a
Foundation.  In so far as it has been incorporated into an LFS Book, I
have already, by the act of contributing as an editor, assigned the
copyright to the book's copyright holder as defined in the Prologue to
the book in question.  Or have I?  I certainly intended to.

It seems to me that this is not connected too intimately with the other
discussions.  But really does merit getting right before we invest too
much in the rest of it.  I have been unhappy for some time (years) that
copyright to the LFS book resides with Gerard, not because I don't want
him to have it, but because I am unsure of who would inherit it, or to
whom it might be assigned by him 'in extremis' (several scenarios to
consider here).

R.