Future of LFS

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun May 18 18:59:45 PDT 2008

Sorry to be so indecisive. Bruce, I was going to add your comments to
track tickets but realized more information is needed to make them
meaningful.

 > elaboration of the meaning of what the configuration of packages mean
 > with the emphasis on udev and the kernel.

Can you elaborate on that please.

 > I would also like to add the boot scripts to the book as appendices

Do you mean the source code of them as-is? I can see this become a bit
of a hassle as the actual scripts are updated. We'd then have to
remember to copy each change into the appendix as well so it matches.

We could consider an automatic method where during each commit (of the
entire book or only have it trigger when a certain appendix is updated)
it finds the bootscript code and imports it verbatim.

I'm not sure that's a great way to do things. But I'm open to ideas of
course.

Otherwise the rest of your email was clear. It just needs to be uploaded
into Trac for future reference so it doesn't get forgotten.

Gerard