dLFS PHP Code

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun May 18 17:45:12 PDT 2008

Joe Ciccone wrote:
> I'm just curious what the code looks like. It looks a LOT like a parser
> I wrote working on a project with Jeremy almost a year ago. Link below.
> Obviously the concept is the same. If it is the same base code, all I
> ask is for attribution of the original idea, No more.
>
> http://cross-lfs.org/~jciccone/parser_test.php

Hi Joe,

Here's the current parser source:

http://lightcubesolutions.com/~jhuntwork/dLFS/preview.phps

I think you'll see it's quite a bit different from what you wrote. You
approached the problem differently, had a lot more functionality and
covered more cases. You actually analyzed the syntax on the page, which
was very impressive. :) I haven't done any syntax analyzing here other
than validating the XML with a built-in function.

I don't believe I used any of your code, but regardless, I'd be happy to
add your name into the code as a source of inspiration, if you like. You
did excellent work in the other project, and I am very grateful for it.

--
JH